Is there a way to backup a Niagara R2 UNC or Enterprise Server station from a web browser?
- Niagara R2 UNC
- Enterprise Server
- XML-capable browser (IE 4.x or higher)
Need to save the station's database on the PC for possible restoration.
Yes but note that this method will only backup the station database. It will open the entire station database in XML format on the webpage. Depending on the size of the station it may take a long time. It is best to use this method if Workplace Pro is not available.
Follow the steps below to create a station backup of a UNC or Enterprise Server via a web browser:
- Log into the station via a web browser
- Navigate to the following URL: http://[ip-address]/prism/backup.
- Watch the lower left hand corner of the web browser. The web pager loader indicator must finish.
- Once the web page indicates that it is done, save the page as a XML file to your PC. Use the “Save As” choice to do this step.
For more information review Appendix B of the Niagara Browser Access Guide.