Invalid user name or password dialog when logging into webclient with acc that works in Continuum
Activex control didn't download or an update to .Net requires a re-register of .Net to IIS
This happens when attempting to login to webclient when there are higher security restrictions on Internet Explorer so files that need to get installed on the client machine get blocked.
A. Add the webclient server as a Trusted site in Internet Explorer on each client machine as follows:
- Open Internet Explorer and select> Tools> Internet Options> Security> Click on Trusted Sites and Click the Sites button
- Deselect "Require server verification (https) for all sites in this zone
- Add the webclient server name Ex. http://Servername (This typically populates automatically.)
B. Also, change the default security settings to medium-low as follows:
- Open Internet Explorer and select> Tools> Internet Options> Security>Click on Trusted Sites and Click the Custom level button
- In the "Reset to" drop down, select Medium-Low and then Click The Reset button
- Click Yes to the "Are you sure you want to change the settings for this zone?"
- In the Settings list, manually enable "Download unsigned ActiveX controls
- Click OK, Click Yes to "Are you sure you want to change the settings for this zone?"
- Click Ok and Ok again
C. Run the aspnet_regiis.exe -i command from DOS to re-register .Net with IIS
From DOS> CD\ Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regiis.exe –i
Once these steps are completed, enter the URL for webclient again, the appropriate activeX controls will install and the login will work normally.
If this still doesn't work and you get a message that "Internet Explorer is currently running without add-ons" then take a look at the following Microsoft articles.
Also see Internet Explorer gets "web.Client only supports Internet Explorer 32 Bit version 8.0 and greater" w.... This article is similar, but mentions changing the compatibility view in Internet Explorer.