Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support for assistance.
Integrating MNL-VAV controllers into the EBO system successfully
EcoStruxure Building Operations, TAC IA Series
- Building Operation Automation Server
- Building Operation Automation Server Premium
- I/A Series MNL VAV
- Lost flow balancing values during integration
- Lost S-link offset calibrations
Use the following steps to bring a controller into the Automation Server with all data intact.
- Using WorkStation connected to the AS/AS-P; right click on the LonWorks Network and select New then Device.
- Choose the appropriate device object type from the list for the MNL-VAV controller being added, give it a name and click Next.
- Type in the Neuron ID or use the Service pin method to identify the controller.
- Check the box next to “Commission” and the radio button next to “Keep current configuration in the device” and click “Create” then click “Close” when complete.
- Right-click on the new device object in the tree and select MNL and then “Backup flow balance information”. When this is complete notice the blue circle with a white checkmark next to the nciHighFlowCal and nciLowFlowCal SNVT’s indicating the AS-P DB contains the balance data from the controller.
- If special S-link offset values exist in the controller right click on the device object in the tree and select MNL and then “Backup S-link offsets”.
- Right-click on the controller device object and select MNL and “Assign application” and click on the appropriate application file for this controller and click on “Assign”.
- Right-click on the controller and select MNL and “Download application”. Click on “Close” when complete.
- Right-click on the controller and select MNL and “Restore the flow balance information”
- Right-click on the controller and select MNL the “Restore S-link offsets”.
- Verify all data is correct and the controller is functioning properly.