- What are the cable requirements?
- What is the maximum wire length?
- When do I add a repeater?
- What is the maximum number of repeaters allowed?
I/NET Controller LAN, C-LAN
Incorrectly run controller LAN wire can cause communication issues between I/NET controllers and hosts.
- C-LAN should be run using:
- Two wire, twisted pair, shielded cable
- 24 AWG (0.206 mm2) or larger
- 30 pF/ft. or less between conductors
- 55 pF/ft. or less conductor to shield
- 80 - 150 ohm impedance
- The maximum controller LAN length is 25,000 feet (7,620 meters) assuming 4 repeaters are used.
- A repeater should be installed:
- To segment every 32 controllers
- Or if the LAN length exceeds 5,000 feet (1,524 meters).
- The maximum number of repeaters allowed is 4.