When attempting to use the Read Card button to read credentials from a card reader the following error is shown.
- Failed to read the card from the reader
- Security Expert Client
- Proximity Card Encoder (PRX-ENC-DT)
A Proximity Card Encoder (PRX-ENC-DT) is not connected to the Workstation.
1. Using a USB connection, connect a PRX-ENC-DT to the Workstation.
- The USB connected card reader can be used to read new cards and add those card credentials to a User by placing the card on the reader and pressing the Read Card button in the User object.
- This will read 13.56MHz Schneider encoded Mifare and DESFire cards. The encoder is not able to read 125KHz cards.
2. Using alternative methods for adding credentials to Users
- Manually adding the Facility and Card Numbers to an available slot in the User object.
- Badging the card at a Card Reader and right-clicking the resulting access event in the Status Window and selecting to add to an existing or create a new User.
- Use the Data Sync Service to import Users, and changes to Users, from CSV files. See Mass importing User Photos into Security Expert using Data Sync Service for an indication of how the Data Sync Service is configured.