217681posts

How to upgrade bin and SAV files in I/NET controllers

How to upgrade bin and SAV files in I/NET controllers

Issue

How to upgrade the bin files and SAV files in controllers

Product Line

TAC INET

Environment

• I/NET Seven 2.xx running in a Windows Environment.

Cause

The bin files for the controllers are not all current with the version of I/NET being used.

The SAV files backup process and what gets overwritten.

Resolution

To upgrade the bin files in the controllers:

1. Attach to the controller by selecting from the pull down menu in I/NET, Connect and drill down past your link NPR to the controller
  2. Select Edit/Controller/Station Save – this backs up the current programming on the controller and overwrites your .sav file
  3. Select Edit/Host Computer/Software Restore and put a check in the box for Software and select the button for Download –this pushes the latest bin file to the controller.
  4. If you select the Database box in the previous step, it will push the database to the controller as well.
  5. If you have SCU or DCU controllers, select the SCU/DCU button at the bottom of the window from step 3 and follow the same procedure.
  6. Note: BIN files are stored in the C:\INET Seven Data\Data folder

To upgrade the SAV files in the controllers:

1. Attach to the controller by selecting from the pull down menu in I/NET, Connect and drill down past your link NPR to the controller
  2. Select Edit/Controller/Station Save – this backs up the current programming on the controller
  3. sav files are located on the C:\Inet Seven Data\SAV folder.
  4. To make a backup, simply copy this folder to another location
  5. Step 2(two) overwrites the current SAV file in the c:\INet Seven Data\SAV location
  6. To restore the current SAV file to the controller, select Edit/Controller/Station Restore and overwrite the database in the controller

KEY POINT:

bin files are the software for the controller/device

.sav files are the database

Tags (5)
Labels (1)
No ratings