How to change the IP address in the ES software when it is grayed out.
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Enterprise Server (ES)
The ES IP address is grayed out in the Network Tab of the Server Properties and cannot be changed. This setting is only used to view the IP address that the server is currently using. To change this setting it must be done through the Communications TAB of the server as detailed in the resolution.
Note that EBO 2.0 and beyond supports multiple NIC configurations, see 2.0.1 Release Notes for details, in particular, the following note.
- Note: That from 2.0 the server will still listen for incoming requests on all network adapters so this setting is only used for choosing which communication settings that the server will use to communicate with child servers.
This allows other IP protocols on different networks, e.g. BACnet, Modbus, etc. to communicate with the Server.
When the IP address of the computer changes the ES will automatically update the "IP/DNS Address" in the Properties, Network tab.
If your computer has multiple network connections, ensure that the Network Interface Card (NIC) to be used for the SmartStruxure network is set to be at the top of the list in the Adapters and Bindings.
- Go to the computer's Control Panel > Network Connections
- Select "Advanced, Advanced Settings... " from the menu.
- In the "Connections:" section, select the Network Connection to be used and press the up arrow to move it to the top of the list.
- For Windows 7 / Server 2008 See the following link on how to change the order of protocol bindings: How to change the network connection priority in Windows 7
- For Windows 8 and beyond, please refer to Adapter priority setting unavailable in Windows 10
In addition to the ES Network Properties, there is also the Communication tab in the ES that lists all of the Server IP addresses in the system.
If these need to be changed this can be done by selecting the server and clicking on the "Show/ Hide Communication settings" button circled in red below.