How to create custom reports in StruxureWare Building Operation WebReports
EcoStruxure Building Operation
StruxureWare Building Operation 1.1 / 1.2 / 1.3 / 1.4 / 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.7 WebReports
Custom reports are reports that you create by modifying another report and then saving your changes. Typically, you use a factory supplied report as the basis for your new report, and enter the filtering criteria that you want to use in the new report. You then assign a unique name to the custom report and save your new report as a dashboard or prompted report. There may be a need to create a report not based on any of the standard reports provided in these Report Packs.
To create a report within StruxureWare WebReports you first need to download the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Report Builder 3.0 or MS MSQL Server 2012 Report Builder. This is a free tool provided by Microsoft that provides an intuitive report authoring environment for business and power users. This download provides a stand-alone installer for Report Builder 3.0. Please note that Product Support does NOT provide support for Report Builder. After downloading and installing the Report Builder application, the steps are as follows:
Each of these steps are also located on the StruxureWare Building Operation WebHelp site, a link for each of these steps are provided for additional reference and guidance.
- Start Report Builder and create a new blank report, click here for the steps.
- After Creating the report you need to create a data source that connects this report to StruxureWareReportsDB, click here for these steps
- Then create the Data set, so add to the report which tables, views, stored procedures and fields from the StruxureWareReportsDB you want to use in your report, click here for these steps.
- This data can then be added to you report as required. Click here for an example of setting up a report. Click Here on how to add images to your report
- The new report now must be deployed to the Reports Server where it can be accessible to WebReports. To complete this procedure, you need to use SQL Server Reporting Services Report Manager. Click Here to view these steps in detail.
- Finally you must synchronize WebReports with the deployed report so the report can appear in the WebReports Reports Tree. You use WebReports with a Web browser to complete this procedure. Click Here for the steps to complete this.
Once all these steps have been completed successfully you should now see your Report in the tree - the placement of these reports will depend on where you have uploaded your report in step 5 above. See image below: