For various reasons it maybe necessary to change a b3's device id, one way to accomplish this is using the RoamIO2 with the BACnet Service Tool.
Andover Continuum, EcoStruxure Building Operation
- BACnet Service Tool
The device ID of a b3 controller needs to be changed.
- Disconnect the b3 from the MSTP network and connect the RoamIO2 directly to the b3's service port.
- Launch the BACnet Service Tool and in the 'View' menu de-select 'By Networks' and 'BACnet Only' menu entries
- Click the green icon to make the RoamIO 2 join the MSTP network and discover the b3. (NOTE: If the b3 has not been previously assigned a valid MAC ID see How to change b3's mac ID using RoamIO service tool)
- Once you see the b3 in the object tree select it then switch to the grid view and double click on the device id value on the 'object-identifier' field.
- In the 'Property View/Set' window enter the new device id to set and click on apply.
- You should get a feed back of 'Success!' if the device id was changed.