After transitioning an INET security system to Security Expert, SCU1200 and SCU1280 controllers do not come online
Security Expert, TAC INET
- Security Expert Controller (SP-C)
- I/NET SCU1200
- I/NET SCU1280
The INET-to-Security Expert transition brings each SCU1200/1280 into Security Expert as an Input Expander but there is a known issue that causes the devices to remain offline. R&D is working on a fix.
The workaround for bringing a SCU1200/1280 controller online in Security Expert is to create a Reader Expander and then edit the inputs and outputs associated with the SCU1200/1280 to point to the Reader Expander you’ve just created.
Create a backup of your Security Expert database before proceeding with the instructions that follow.
For a transitioned SCU1200/1280, create a Reader Expander as follows:
- In Security Expert, navigate to Expanders > Reader Expanders.
- Choose a Controller from the drop-down list.
- Click the Add icon.
- Define a Name for the expander.
The transition tool would create a name like SCU1200 <703503> for the expander. In this example, the SCU’s link address is 70, its station address is 35, and its point address is 3. When manually defining the name of the new expander, you may wish to use this naming convention to keep the system uniform.
- Set the Physical Address of the expander.
This address should be 1 higher than the point address of the SCU. So, for SCU1200 <703503>, the point address is 3 (703503) and so the physical address of the expander should be set to 4.
- Set Port 1 Network Type to “Third Party Generic”.
- Set Port 2 Network Type to “Third Party Generic”.
- Expand the Commands section and enter the following commands:
- Navigate to the Reader 1/2 tabs and perform the following steps:
- Set Reader 1/2 Keypad Type to “None”.
- Uncheck Allow Reading Opened/unlocked.
- Uncheck Display Card Detail when Invalid.
- Navigate to the Reader 1/2 Options tabs and perform the following steps:
- Uncheck Door Sense Enabled.
- Uncheck REX Enabled.
- Uncheck Invert REX Input R1/2.
- Uncheck Always Allow REX R1/2.
- Save the expander.
- When presented with the Configure Module wizard, perform the following steps:
- Set Inputs to 0.
- Set Outputs to 0.
- Uncheck Add Trouble Inputs.
- Uncheck Add Doors.
- Click Add Now.
Edit the inputs associated with a transitioned SCU1200/1280 as follows:
- In Security Expert, navigate to Programming > Inputs.
- For each input associated with the SCU1200/1280, change the Module Type to “Reader (RD)”.
- Save the input.
Edit the outputs associated with a transitioned SCU1200/1280 as follows:
- In Security Expert, navigate to Programming > Outputs.
- For each output associated with the SCU1200/1280, change the Module Type to “Reader (RD)”.
- Save the output.
When you have finished with all of the steps above, perform a Module Update on the Reader Expander. Repeat these steps as necessary for other SCU1200/1280 devices. Once you have verified all SCU1200s/1280s are working properly, you can delete the Input Expanders that were created by the transition tool since they are now unnecessary.