Knowing the procedure to follow when hosting a site license for the first time with Vista.
The TAC licensing website is divided up into different areas depending on the task to be performed. An account must be created the first time using the site before creating a license file from the entitlement ID.
Note: In order to rehost an existing Vista license file, see Rehosting a Vista 5 License on the FlexNet License Server.
- Log onto https://schneider-electric.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/. Click on the link that says "New User?".
- Fill out the entire page with your information. Insert the Entitlement ID that was purchased in the space titled "Activation ID". Once everything has been filled out, click Complete.
- This will log you into the Start Page of the licensing site. A temporary password will be emailed to the address you provided on the New User page. This temporary password is required to set your new password which can be done by clicking on Profile in the top right corner of the screen.
Enter the temporary password into the "Old Password" field. Then enter your new password into the "New Password" and "Confirm Password" fields. Click Save.
- On the left side of the Start Page, click "Activate" underneath Manage Entitlements.
- Check the entitlement ID that you want to use and click Activate.
- Fill out all of the information on this page. Click Next.
- Click on "Add New Host" at the top of the Server Hosts panel.
Select MAC address or Hardware dongle as the Server Hosts. Type in the MAC address of the computer or the dongle ID of the hardware dongle that the license file will be associated too and click OK. In order to find out the MAC address of your computer, reference How to locate a computer's MAC address.
- Check the box next to the host name that was just added. Click Next.
- Enter the number of licenses you would like to activate in the "Fulfill Count" box and click Verify. The file should verify successfully. Click Next.
- Review all of the information. Click Generate.
- Select the box next to the newly created license file. Either select to "Save to File" (save a copy of the license file to the local PC) or "Email License" (email the license file to a desired address). Click Complete.