Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
A system Format of the file system will remove all files to return device to a factory condition.
- TAC Xenta 5xx
- TAC Xenta 7xx
- TAC Xenta 9xx
- Xenta Server
A need to reset to factory defaults exists
These actions clears the filesystem and remove all files and information in it.
- Make sure you have IP and any other information you need to save from the file system. All files and configurations will be lost.
- Access Xenta using a serial interface via the RS232 port and a HyperTerminal program.
- obtain a connection to the dsh> prompt
- Type format.
- Wait for formatting to be ready , then enter command setip to enter DHCP enable ,ip-address , subnet mask , default gateway , DNS , local name. Default user/password will then be root/root. Remember to change password.
- Restart system to accept new ip-address.
- Install Xenta using the install kit. Use ftp transfer and alternative A (We have just formatted the system). Download WebTool project and user defined files.
- Update bindings using LonMaker.