How do I setup and configure the database when using External log storage in EBO?
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Workstation
When using External log storage in EcoStruxure Building Operation(EBO) PostgreSQL server and TimescaleDB are installed on a computer where the trend log data and events should be stored. The database used for External Log storage needs to be setup and configured correctly.
The EBO External Log Storage Installer tool available on the Community assists with installing and configuring the PostgreSQL server. But if you like to see how it is done manually please watch this video.
The following steps are shown in the video:
- Create the database in the PostgreSQL server
- Create a user which will be used by EBO when it connects to the database
- Configure the database for use with EBO
- Configure EBO to be able to connect to the database