Double click on a point in Vista. The Edit Properties window should pop up allowing you to view the value, set the Forced-By-Operator setting, and set the forced value. Sometimes double clicking it does not open any window.
- Vista Workstation
- Double or dual monitor
The Edit Properties window is popping up off of the screen. Either it was dragged off of the screen accidentally or a second monitor was removed or is not accessible through remote connections.
To display the dialog on the main screen:
- Double click a point in Vista. Do not click on anything else. The invisible Edit Properties window should be the current window.
- Press three keystrokes in this order: Alt + Space + X. This is the Windows hotkey combination to the File menu, and will maximize the current window on the monitor.
- Possibly try hitting the Alt key twice. This brings the current window to the front.
- Alt + Space bar, then select Move with the mouse, after a tap of any arrow key, the mouse should lock onto the window allowing you to move it
To prevent this from happening in the future:
- Download the TAC Vista Dialog Position Reset utility.
- Unzip and double click the executable file to run.
- Hit the Reset button.