Instructions on how to download an .MOT file into a Xenta Programmable controller
TAC Vista, EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Xenta Programmable Controllers
- Xenta 280, 281, 282, 283, 300, 301, 302, 401, 401:B
- Download Wizard
To reinstall or upgrade the firmware of a Xenta programmable controller, a .MOT file must be loaded using the Download Wizard.
Get the latest (or desired) .MOT version onto the PC's hard drive.
- Download the appropriate .MOT for the controller requiring new firmware.
To find the version of firmware in a controller, see How to view the current firmware version on a Xenta controller using the RS-232 cable.
- Go to the The Exchange Download Center and view the MOT files
- Locate the proper version and controller combination in the asset title.
- Download the desired .MOT version
Download the .MOT file into the controller
- Start the Download Wizard. Note: The download wizard is installed when Menta or EcoStruxure Building Operation Workstation is installed on the machine.
Start > Programs > Schneider Electric > TAC Tools X.X.X > Download Wizard
(For versions prior to 5.1.4, the path will be "TAC" instead of "Schneider Electric.")
- Follow instructions on the Download Wizard.
- Choose to Retain Current .MOT or Download new. Typically the choice will be to download a new .MOT.
- Ensure the device type is correct and matches the controller and .MOT file.
- Browse to the .MOT file downloaded from the Buildings Business Extranet.
- Choose to Retain Current, Clear memory, or Download New. Typically the choice will be to clear memory.
- This is referring to the Menta application inside the controller. If the application is cleared, the controller will be "applicationless" and cannot be downloaded through the Vista System Plug-in. Some Menta application will need to be loaded through a Menta direct download before the controller can function again in a network.
- If you choose to load a Menta application through the Download Wizard, browse to the desired .MTA file.
- If the application is set to clear memory, the configuration section will be grayed out. No selections are necessary.
- This refers to the network description files. The typical selection if the option is available is to retain current.
- Press Apply
- Download status is shown in % finished. Do not interrupt this process!
- When the dialog states that the download has completed, close Download Wizard. Load a Menta application if necessary through Menta direct download.
For more information on Menta Cable needed to download, see Schematic for the RS-232 cable used to direct download Menta applications and system files.