Creating an Extended Trend Log for b3 (Infinet) Point and Value Logs
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- b3 BACnet Controller
- Infinet Controller
- Building Operation Automation Server, AS, ASP, ASB
Using an extended trend log to store log records for long periods of time. The extended trend log is often saved on a higher-level server with more storage capacity. This extra storage capacity enables the server to store more records before overwriting the old ones. For more information, see WebHelp. Configure extended trend logs for b3 BACnet and Infinet devices the same way as configuring extended trend logs in other Building Operation devices. There is one difference, however. do not use smart logs when configuring extended trend logs in b3 BACnet devices. Instead of using smart logs, use the Maximum Transfer Interval property to specify the transfer interval.
- In Listview, select the b3/Infinet Object (point or value), click Properties/Advanced
- Multiply the "Log records" by the "Log interval" to calculate the maximum transfer interval.
The "maximum transfer interval" is the frequency at which the extended trend log will transfer log records from the b3/Infinet Object before any entries in the b3/Infinet controller log are overwritten
- Right click the object, choose New then "Extended Trend Log"
- In the Create Object box, set Smart Log to False, Set the "Maximum transfer interval" to less than that calculated above (2)
- Click Create