Is there a way to convert a Trane BCU (BMTW or BMTX) from BACnet/Ethernet to BACnet/IP for integrating to a Niagara R2 UNC?
TAC IA Series
- Trane BCU (BMTW or BMTX)
- Niagara R2 UNC
There are two components required to change over the BCU from BACnet/Ethernet to BACnet/IP.
- A special serial cable is required to download the BCU with the new configuration. Below are the pin outs to make the cable:
- Access to the Tracer Summit software.
Here are the steps for running the BCUconfig.exe program to change over the BCU from Ethernet to IP:
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Tracer Summit\Bin
- Double-click on BCUconfig.exe
- Enter the information and select download.
Note - This is where you must have the Trane serial cable.
The BCU will reset.
- Now change the Connection type in the Tracer Summit software to IP connection:
- Open the Tracer Summit software and select Connect.
- The Site connection Wizard will appear. Select the BACnet/IP radio button.
- From the Ethernet Configuration window, select the 'open on startup' check box.
- Select the 'Use BBMD connection' from the BACnet/IP configuration window.
- Specify the IP address of the BBMD BCU and the UDP port which is the BACnet port.
- Select Finish.