This is useful when you are disarming areas from a card reader as you can secure the disarming portion by requiring a PIN code, preventing somebody from using a lost or stolen card to disarm the area while maintaining the convenience of Card Only once disarming has occurred.
- Security Expert Client
- Security Expert Server
Prevent someone from using a lost or stolen card to disarm an area while maintaining the convenience of Card Only once disarming has occurred.
- Create a new Schedule (SX = Sites > Schedules, SPC-Web = Time > Schedules) with the following settings:
- Check/enable all days for Period 1, leave start and end times default so you are left with a 24/7 schedule
- Under Options enable 'Validate Schedule When Qualify Output is On', set the 'Qualify Output' to whatever output is configured as the Disarmed output for the required Area.
- If you aren’t using a disarmed output currently you will need to assign one, this can be a Virtual Output if you do not want to use a physical output.
- Create a new Door Type (Programming > Door Types) with the following settings:
- Operating Schedule = The schedule from Step 1
- Secondary Door Type = The default Card AND PIN door type created by the system
- Entry Reading Mode = Card Only
- Exit Reading Mode = Card Only
- Locate the required Door(s) (Programming > Doors) and change the Door Type to the one created in Step 2.
When the Area is disarmed the schedule will be valid so the Door Type will be Card only when the schedule is invalid (which will be whenever the area is armed as the disarmed output deactivates upon arming) the secondary door type of Card + PIN will be used.
You can use other combinations of Door Types as required