All the alarms from an OPC Alarm & Events (AE) server are coming in as priority 5. Is it possible to change this?
- Vista OPC Alarm Events (AE) client
- 3rd Party OPC AE server
The alarm categories/priorities for alarms that come from an OPC AE server are set on the OPC server. Some OPC AE server offer limited configuration possibilities and it may be desirable to change the category/priority in Vista.
The priority can be changed by:
- Select the OPC AE server object in TAC Vista Workstation
- Open the Properties dialogue
- Locate the alarm settings section and the alarm category mapping will be displayed. By default "Use alarm priority map" is selected. In the example below, all the alarms from the OPC AE server with a category of between 500 and 599 will be mapped to category 5 in Vista.
- This mapping can be changed as desired.