Bind to more than 13 unique LON devices without running out of address table entries
Using a broadcast SNVT binding type will save on address table slots by only consuming one slot per receiving subnet instead of one per receiving controller. This will increase network bandwidth, but allows one-to-one bindings to many controllers in the same subnet. Xenta programmable SNVT output limits would be the only limiting factor.
- Open the Network Variable Connection tool by right clicking on a function block in LonMaker and selecting Connect. Set the Connection Attribute to Repeated to use this as a starting point. Hit the Properties button.
- On the Connection Details window, select New. Give the New Connection Description a name. "Broadcast" is a good description.
- Hit the Advanced button for this connection type.
- Set the Use Broadcast setting to Yes.
- Try binding some outputs with this new connection type and it will reduce the number of address table slots consumed.