When installing SE7000/SE8000 Room Controllers to connect them to a BACnet MS/TP network, multiple issues can arise:
- Leaving the Room Controller's COM address at 254 (default value out of the box) will make the room controller undiscoverable by the front end.
- Choosing a Com address value between 128 to 253 will cause the front end system to convert the com address to 127, causing duplicates when working with multiple Room Controllers.
- Room controllers with COM address set to 0 will prevent the front end from discovering any devices
EcoStruxure Building Expert, EcoStruxure Building Operation, Other
- SE8xxx Room controller
- SE8000 Series
- SER8300, SE8300, SE8350, SE8600
- Viconics branding VT8000 Series
- SE7000 Series Controllers, VT7000 Series Controllers, 7600, 7300, 7200
Master devices, those who participate in the token-passing protocol, must be addressed from 1 to 127. Addresses from 128 to 253 are reserved for slaves who do not participate in the token passing; however, they can occupy lower addresses as well.
COM address must be changed to a value in the range of 1-127.