Unable to bring interfaces online, showing as unknown
- Access Expert in Cloud or On-Premise
- SSC (Security System Controller)
- Windows Server 2012R2
- SQL Server 2014
Offline interfaces can occur under a number of circumstances, below are the most common reasons.
- The controller is not yet active. Once all interfaces, readers, and I/O have been added, it’s important to remember set the device as active.
- Interfaces were added to the controller after it was made active. The controller requires a reboot to download the correct configuration.
- Dipswitches and addressing on the board may be incorrect
- Check Wiring
Go through the following steps to get interfaced online
- Set the device as active (Go go back to the controller page )
- Reboot the controller (containing the interface)
- Check that the dip switch settings are correct on the controller (see the Mercury hardware manual)
Switches 1-5 on an interface module set the address in binary, this means 32 addresses are available (0-31). Users must set the correct address inside Access Expert that matches the dipswitch value. Switches 6 & 7 set the Baud rate, both on for default 38400. Switch 8 should be off to disable AES key encryption. (Communication is instead encrypted over TLS 1.2)
- Check wiring
- Ensure that the panels are wired correctly. Verify your RS485 communication and refer to the hardware installation guides
- Verify End of Line Termination
- Verify End of line termination jumpers are set, refer to hardware installation guides