After upgrading an AS-P to version 3.2.x, it starts to randomly go offline and return online automatically. When looking at the system log, you can see the following messages:
- kernel: stmmaceth 4ffe4000.eth eth0: Link is Up - 10Mbps/Full - flow control off
- kernel: stmmaceth 4ffe4000.eth eth0: Link is Up - 100Mbps/Full - flow control off
EcoStruxure Building Operation
Building Operation Automation Server Premium: v3.2.x or later
Network-related issues are inherently difficult to isolate. However, in some instances, it has been seen that ensuring the following items are checked on the network may also assist in rectifying this particular issue.
- PoE settings are disabled on all ports to which the servers are connected to
- Settings similar to "Link autobaud" should be removed and
- Fixing the ports on the switches to a fixed 100Mbps/Full setting
- Disable the second Ethernet port on the AS-P if NOT in use
In 3.2.x the upgrade to SE3Linux has a module that needed upgrading. This was seen to cause the AS-P to not negotiate at network speeds below 100Mbps in some instances, causing the server to appear offline to other servers.
Refer to EBO Known Issues & Solutions post SmartX Servers go offline/online randomly - Communities for updates and associated defect for reference.
Upgrade the AS-P to EBO Hotfix 18.104.22.16800 (CP11) - Communities (se.com) or later
If this issue is not resolved using the above consolidation point and the messages in the System Log still occur, and all the points mentioned above in the Cause have been considered, then further investigation of the installed Ethernet network and/or switches as to why this network change is happening will be required with the local IT department and if still unresolved then contact your local support