A method to create many objects with alarm links using CSV import files.
A requirement was presented where many Inputs and Numerics needed to be created with attached alarm links. A quick method to create these similar objects was investigated.
The CSV file was broken down into the minimum attributes that were required to create a numeric with an active alarm link.
Attached is a copy of the CSV file that was used and a screencap showing the results. Follow the steps below to take the Workstation offline, import the CSV file, then send the changes to the controller.
0. Set the Workstation to offline.
1. Import the CSV file "alarmlinkexp" into the acx1 controller by right clicking on the controller and selecting "import into...". Note the success result in the distribution window.
2. set the Workstation to online. Refresh the continuumexplorer view, right-click on the new point and select "send to controller". Note in the distribution window that this succeeded without any errors.
3. The value of the object is set to "NotSet", set this to off, apply, then set to "On".
4. Note that the alarm is triggered and comes in to the alarm bar.
CSV Import file structure