Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80570members
346457posts

surge protector

Solved
bryankimjade_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

surge protector

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/22/2012

I just noticed that the red light on my surge protector for my computer is on. Above the light is reads, building wiring fault. What does this mean and is it a fire hazard and a real danger? I am so worried, and I don't know what to do. Nothing has changed this is the same computer, plug and everything that has been hooked up for the past five years.

Accepted Solutions
bryankimjade_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: surge protector

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/25/2012

No I have had all of the same plug ins as before, which has been about five years. Thank you very much for all of your help.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/23/2012

here is an article that may help: http://nam-en.apc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/183

did you recently plug anything in to the same circuit where the surge protector is connected? not necessarily to the surge protector but to the same wall outlet or anything?

bryankimjade_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/25/2012

No I have had all of the same plug ins as before, which has been about five years. Thank you very much for all of your help.