Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80769members
346781posts

battery connect

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

battery connect

This question was originally posted by Oriana on APC forums on 8/16/2009

Just trying to install back-UPS ES 350G; no diagram that shows how to connect the battery, and it is not at all intuitive--nothing like ANY battery I've ever connected. The wire is short and tight and does not reach to any new location. Can someone PLEASE tell me in clear detail how to connect this darn thing! MANY THANKS.

Accepted Solutions
Techie_apc
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

Re: battery connect

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/25/2009

Jon,

I am glad that you could connect the battery to the UPS. We apologize for any inconvenience that you endured. Your concern regarding the battery connection has been forwarded to the appropriate team here at APC. Thank you for your understanding.

Have a nice day!

See Answer In Context

tweed86_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/23/2009

I can't connect my battery either. Those directions are not very instructional and the graphical representation does not even match the product. It simply says "Connect the battery wire firmly to the wire terminal." Well it is a little more complicated than that and the picture DOES NOT HELP AT ALL. It isn't even close... Looks like I need some tools or something.

See Answer In Context

Techie_apc
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

Jonathan,

I will be happy to provide instructions to connect the battery to your unit. If possible, could you please confirm me the exact model number of the UPS? you can find it on a white bar code sticker at the bottom of the unit. Do you have the BE350G UPS?

See Answer In Context

Techie_apc
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/24/2009

Jonathan,

I was able to connect the battery to the BE350G UPS easily. You need to pull the battery upward as shown in the battery connection instructions to connect the battery to the UPS wires. Please connect the Red wire to the positive terminal on the battery and black wire to the negative terminal on the battery.

See Answer In Context

tweed86_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Am I supposed to be using a lot of force? And my unit doesn't look like the one in the picture.

Message was edited by: tweed86

See Answer In Context

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by anthony on APC forums on 9/18/2016

My issue as well is the red wire is just too short to manuever it to connect.

See Answer In Context

11 Replies 11
Techie_apc
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/25/2009

Jon,

I am glad that you could connect the battery to the UPS. We apologize for any inconvenience that you endured. Your concern regarding the battery connection has been forwarded to the appropriate team here at APC. Thank you for your understanding.

Have a nice day!

tweed86_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

I can't connect my battery either. Those directions are not very instructional and the graphical representation does not even match the product. It simply says "Connect the battery wire firmly to the wire terminal." Well it is a little more complicated than that and the picture DOES NOT HELP AT ALL. It isn't even close... Looks like I need some tools or something.

Techie_apc
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

Jonathan,

I will be happy to provide instructions to connect the battery to your unit. If possible, could you please confirm me the exact model number of the UPS? you can find it on a white bar code sticker at the bottom of the unit. Do you have the BE350G UPS?

tweed86_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Yes, that is the model number. THe serial is 4B0839P09501. Thanks

Techie_apc
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

Jonathan,

I was able to connect the battery to the BE350G UPS easily. You need to pull the battery upward as shown in the battery connection instructions to connect the battery to the UPS wires. Please connect the Red wire to the positive terminal on the battery and black wire to the negative terminal on the battery.

tweed86_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Got it finally. I needed to dislodge and slide down the plastic piece that was over the metal bit to enable me to attach the red wire. I didn't realize it was movable or that I should move it until I accidentally pushed it down. Then I got the red wire in easily. If only this could have been on the directions manual. Thanks anyways.

tweed86_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/29/2009

I had bought a second one, and after I ad finally got the first one working, I opened the second up, and did not have any problems with it; the wire went in smoothly, unlike the other unit.

Techie_apc
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/17/2009

We apologize for any inconvenience that you endured. The Battery Installation instructions can be found in the UPS user manual. For your convenience, I have attached a diagram of the BE350G installation instructions. I hope that it helps.

Attachments
tweed86_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Am I supposed to be using a lot of force? And my unit doesn't look like the one in the picture.

Message was edited by: tweed86

bugmenot20080812_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/12/2011

I know this is old but Jesus !!!!!
It take me like 40 minutes to connect the %@!&>$ battery.

Definitively the user´s manual need to be updated.

Back-UPS ES 550G

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by anthony on APC forums on 9/18/2016

My issue as well is the red wire is just too short to manuever it to connect.