Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79274members
343944posts

battery backup ES 550 beeping twice, green light blinking red

Solved
helwinjpabon_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

battery backup ES 550 beeping twice, green light blinking red

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/8/2015

About a week after a power outage my battery backup ES 550 started beeping twice every 2 seconds and the green light started blinking red. Everything plugged to it works fine.

Tags (3)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: battery backup ES 550 beeping twice, green light blinking red

This reply was originally posted by N on APC forums on 11/22/2015

I am having same exact issue.  Power down and back stops it for awhile (hours), but comes back. 

See Answer In Context

Tags (5)
3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by N on APC forums on 11/22/2015

I am having same exact issue.  Power down and back stops it for awhile (hours), but comes back. 

Tags (5)
helwinjpabon_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/23/2015

Well, unfortunately, mine died when i turned it on after being unplugged for about a week. I never did get a reply from the tec department. I hope you have better luck.

UnexpectedBill_apc
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/24/2015

The battery in your ES 550 may have become weak with age. Over time they do wear out, 3-5 years is typical, but you may get less if the UPS is heavily loaded or the power quality in your area is low.

However, my recollection of these units suggests that these would sound a constant alarm and flash the red LED constantly if the battery failed a self test.

Although APC markets these 550VA Back-UPS ES models as being intended for computer use, they're really rather small for that task. It could be experiencing a momentary overload.

(I do not represent APC or Schneider Electric in any way.)