Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79257members
343893posts

battery Voltage?

Solved
Scucci_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

battery Voltage?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/8/2008

Hello,
I have an SU2200Net that shows a battery voltage of 54.55 volts on Powechute plus and the capacity bounces between 99% and 100%. The charging voltage measures 54.1 volts using a Fluke 87. The batteries are new APC RBC-11 charged for 24 hours. Using the 54.1 voltage would indicate a 13.52 volt float charge, right at the bottom of the 13.5 - 13.8 volt float charge range recommendation from most battery manufacturers. Is this a normal float voltage for this unit? Does the microcontroller actually control the charger float voltage or is the float voltage based on just constant voltage and limited current charge? The batteries do charge quickly up to the 54.55 volt state < 3 hours after a calibration test with 30% load.

Thanx for your help on this.
Roy

Message was edited by: Scucci
I have an SU2200Net that shows a battery voltage of 54.55 volts on Powechute plus and the capacity bounces between 99% and 100%. The charging voltage measures 54.1 volts using a Fluke 87. The batteries are new APC RBC-11 charged for 24 hours. Using the 54.1 voltage would indicate a 13.52 volt float charge, right at the bottom of the 13.5 - 13.8 volt float charge range recommendation from most battery manufacturers. Is this a normal float voltage for this unit? Does the microcontroller actually control the charger float voltage or is the float voltage based on just constant voltage and limited current charge? The batteries do charge quickly up to the 54.55 volt state < 3 hours after a calibration test with 30% load.

Message was edited by: Scucci

Accepted Solutions
Scucci_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: battery Voltage?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/11/2008

Thank you for the instructions. All is well now. APC - has always been number one in my book.

See Answer In Context

jlmontoya_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/7/2011

Hello Roy,

I have the same problem, can you share the instructions please?

Regards,
Jose

See Answer In Context

6 Replies 6
Scucci_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Thank you for the instructions. All is well now. APC - has always been number one in my book.

jlmontoya_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/7/2011

Hello Roy,

I have the same problem, can you share the instructions please?

Regards,
Jose

Scucci_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/9/2008

Thank you KMP.

Roy

TheNotoriousKMP_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/9/2008

Roy,

The UPS microprocessor may need to be told of the new battery. The float charges are correct. However, I have a feeling your calibrations may have failed and we need to do something else. I will private message you or email you the information come Monday when I have the resources available again.

TheNotoriousKMP_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Roy,

Email was sent to you this morning with the instructions.

jlmontoya_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/9/2011

The solution is in the following post.

http://forums.apc.com/spaces/9/struxureware-for-data-centers/forums/general/2603/isx-central-backup-...