Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79175members
343670posts

Windows Server 2008 Core - automatic shutdown

Solved
puco_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Windows Server 2008 Core - automatic shutdown

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/17/2008

I'd like to ask, if there is support for UPS in Windows Server 2008. If it is possible to schedule automatic shutdowns in case of power outages. Does PowerChute software support Windows 2008 (Core?, x64?). If no, does someone know about a working solution?

Thanks

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Windows Server 2008 Core - automatic shutdown

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 12/17/2008

hi

yes, APC has support for Server 2008 (most of the different versions including server core) and also [take a look at this article if you want to configure a shutdown without APC software on Windows 2008|http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=8536]

I also attached to this post the compatibilty charts for APC Powerchute Network shutdown (for use with a network management card) or Powerchute Business Edition (for USB or serial communication/shutdown).

Let us know if you need anything else!

See Answer In Context

Attachments
1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Windows Server 2008 Core - automatic shutdown

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 12/17/2008

hi

yes, APC has support for Server 2008 (most of the different versions including server core) and also [take a look at this article if you want to configure a shutdown without APC software on Windows 2008|http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=8536]

I also attached to this post the compatibilty charts for APC Powerchute Network shutdown (for use with a network management card) or Powerchute Business Edition (for USB or serial communication/shutdown).

Let us know if you need anything else!

Attachments