Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80772members
346787posts

SUA3000UXI Battery Configuration

Solved
dlc_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

SUA3000UXI Battery Configuration

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/7/2013

I'm using two SUA3000UXI units with an external battery bank (flooded tubular type).

I'm wondering if there's any configuration setting that needs to be made in the UPS to

specify type of battery connected (flooded / AGM), and where this option is accessible.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: SUA3000UXI Battery Configuration

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/7/2013

for this type of UPS, there is no setting on the type of batteries because I think for UPSs of this size, it is typically only lead acid. In 3 phase solutions, Ni-Cad and Lead-acid are options and down the line, most likely lithium-ion.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Joe on APC forums on 5/7/2013

I am pretty sure that APC doesn't offer flooded batteries as an option for this particular series of UPS but, rather, delivers AGM batteries in their external packs.  The UPS would, therefore, not need additional settings, i.e., float voltage, charger current, etc., to support flooded batteries.  I would speculate the answer to your question would be "no".

nael_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/7/2013

You have to add extra battery by use PowerChute Business Edition software (use serial cable)

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/7/2013

for this type of UPS, there is no setting on the type of batteries because I think for UPSs of this size, it is typically only lead acid. In 3 phase solutions, Ni-Cad and Lead-acid are options and down the line, most likely lithium-ion.