Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79539members
344371posts

RBC32 replacement with different battery specs. Hazard?

Solved
Tross_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/10/2010

I received a RBC32 replacement battery set from APC for a Back-UPS 1250NS. I compared the new battery specs with the original and found a significant difference. Each original cell is rated at 9.0 amp-hours and initial current of 3.6 amps. The new cells are rated at 7.2 amp-hours and initial current at 2.16 amps max. It’s the current rating that concerns me.

I need to know if this under-rated replacement could lead to overheating and cause a fire.

Accepted Solutions
Tross_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

I received a RBC32 replacement battery set from APC for a Back-UPS 1250NS. I compared the new battery specs with the original and found a significant difference. Each original cell is rated at 9.0 amp-hours and initial current of 3.6 amps. The new cells are rated at 7.2 amp-hours and initial current at 2.16 amps max. It’s the current rating that concerns me.

I need to know if this under-rated replacement could lead to overheating and cause a fire.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
Tross_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: RBC32 replacement with different battery specs. Hazard?

Thanks for your quick reply! The UPS model # is BN1250, SN# JB0614011551. I used the APC UPS Battery Replacement & Upgrade Selector to determine the battery replacement. Entered the model number, BN1250. The battery came from APC through Amazon. The new battery APC serial number is 3A1026X25223. Same profile, size and cable as the old battery.

Thank you for checking this out. I'm not installing it until I get the okay to do so.

Tross_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes