Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80691members
346642posts

Question about noise handling in Back-UPS ES 500 (Solved)

Solved
prince213_apc
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/5/2008

I find that Back-UPS ES 500 doesn't correct any noise in the range 10-15 V when the input voltage is less than 205 V and around greater than 180 V (i found this using APC PowerChute application),but when the voltage is above 205 V UPS keeps on correcting noise either through AVR or using battery power.

My question is that, is electrical noise below 205 V normal or this is a bug in hardware ?

*************EDIT*******************

It was a bug in Back-UPS ES 500,APC PowerChute application shows incorrect information regarding the status of UPS.

I have shown here a snap shot of current status of UPS,in it its showing 'Your battery backup is operating normally' @ input 156 V , I have then tested the output voltage using multimeter and found out that its 220 V.

Message was edited by: prince213

Attachments
Tags (4)

Accepted Solutions
prince213_apc
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

I find that Back-UPS ES 500 doesn't correct any noise in the range 10-15 V when the input voltage is less than 205 V and around greater than 180 V (i found this using APC PowerChute application),but when the voltage is above 205 V UPS keeps on correcting noise either through AVR or using battery power.

My question is that, is electrical noise below 205 V normal or this is a bug in hardware ?

It was a bug in Back-UPS ES 500,APC PowerChute application shows incorrect information regarding the status of UPS.

I have shown here a snap shot of current status of UPS,in it its showing 'Your battery backup is operating normally' @ input 156 V , I have then tested the output voltage using multimeter and found out that its 220 V.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
prince213_apc
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes