Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79188members
343721posts

PowerChute Personal 2.1 Vista - Install

Solved
HGPilot_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/28/2007

Just opened up a brand new (and very expensive) Dell XPS 710 running Vista Home Premium and immediately powered her up with an APC XS 1500. Hooked up the data / USB cable and downloaded the PowerChute Personal 2.1 for VISTA (since the enclosed CD only came with the program for Windows XP. When I tried to install, I get the error message "You are attempting to install software that is intended for Windows Vista". I definitely downloaded the version for Vista and I am certainly running Vista Home Premium....so what gives? Please advise.

Confused in Chattanooga.

Accepted Solutions
EZ_Button_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: PowerChute Personal 2.1 Vista - Install

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/4/2007

I'm sorry for the inconvenience when installing the software. We did create a kbase linked below that addresses this issue. Thanks for your feedback!

http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=8532

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
dirtfoot_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/29/2007

This might be a better solution.

Right click the installer file, and choose properties. Go to the 'Compatibility' tab, and click the 'Show settings for all users' button. Uncheck the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' box.

Try the installer again.

HGPilot_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/29/2007

Just opened up a brand new (and very expensive) Dell XPS 710 running Vista Home Premium and immediately powered her up with an APC XS 1500. Hooked up the data / USB cable and downloaded the PowerChute Personal 2.1 for VISTA (since the enclosed CD only came with the program for Windows XP. When I tried to install, I get the error message "You are attempting to install software that is intended for Windows Vista". I definitely downloaded the version for Vista and I am certainly running Vista Home Premium....so what gives? Please advise.

Confused in Chattanooga.

jpollock_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/3/2007

I had the same problem trying to install on Vista machine. Install program thinks it is not running on Vista. Unchecking the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' fixed the problem. Seems like APC should have a note on the download page to alert users to make this change before trying to do the install.

EZ_Button_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/4/2007

I'm sorry for the inconvenience when installing the software. We did create a kbase linked below that addresses this issue. Thanks for your feedback!

http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=8532