Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79134members
343545posts

Log utility voltage / times UPS switched to battery ?

Solved
scsi_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/5/2008

Hi folks,

Either my electric utility or my apartment building have some electrical issues. I have deployed APC BackUPS unit throughout the apartment to safeguard my electronics. My question is:

Is it possible to monitor and log when the UPS switches to battery? I would like to capture this data for analysis and to send to my property manager and utility engineers. Ideally, I would like to capture date/time when the battery was engaged, the utility voltage at the time (or lowest voltage), and when it switched back to utility power.

The Back-UPS units that are near computers are a Back-Ups CS 350 and a Back-UPS XS 900. The only computers in the building are Mac OS X-based, so that solution would be ideal. If necessary, I'll install Windows on one of them to capture the data, though.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

~s

Accepted Solutions
scsi_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Hi folks,

Either my electric utility or my apartment building have some electrical issues. I have deployed APC BackUPS unit throughout the apartment to safeguard my electronics. My question is:

Is it possible to monitor and log when the UPS switches to battery? I would like to capture this data for analysis and to send to my property manager and utility engineers. Ideally, I would like to capture date/time when the battery was engaged, the utility voltage at the time (or lowest voltage), and when it switched back to utility power.

The Back-UPS units that are near computers are a Back-Ups CS 350 and a Back-UPS XS 900. The only computers in the building are Mac OS X-based, so that solution would be ideal. If necessary, I'll install Windows on one of them to capture the data, though.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

~s

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
scsi_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Hi folks,

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

~s