Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80978members
347154posts

Just bought a brand new XS 1500 and the battery is flashing

Solved
twillis_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Just bought a brand new XS 1500 and the battery is flashing

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/22/2016

Hi, I just bought a brand new APC XS 1500 for work. We hooked it up and I noticed initially that the battery icon was flashing but I thought that was because it needed time to load.

It has been a few weeks now and the battery icon is still flashing. The power flickered off yesterday and everything went down - no battery support.

Did I just buy a dud??

Thanks for your help.

-Tyler

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Just bought a brand new XS 1500 and the battery is flashing

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 4/22/2016

Hi,

If the battery graphic that is under the load graph is flashing that indicates the battery is not connected properly. When the UPS is shipped the battery is in place but flipped to not allow contact. You must open the battery compartment and flip the battery over to allow contact. We have Knowledge Base FA158954 that has an attached video that show how to install the battery. 

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Just bought a brand new XS 1500 and the battery is flashing

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 4/22/2016

Hi,

If the battery graphic that is under the load graph is flashing that indicates the battery is not connected properly. When the UPS is shipped the battery is in place but flipped to not allow contact. You must open the battery compartment and flip the battery over to allow contact. We have Knowledge Base FA158954 that has an attached video that show how to install the battery.