Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79193members
343730posts

IP KVM AP5405 compatible USB Server Modules - only AP5461 Server Module?

Solved
buildpartner_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

IP KVM AP5405 compatible USB Server Modules - only AP5461 Server Module?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/6/2013

Hi, I'm looking at deploying an old APC AP5405 16 port IP KVM switch with USB interface Server Module adapter connections. I have checked the Manual and APC/Schneider KVM/Module compatibility document dated 29th Jan 2013 at: http://www.schneider-electric.us/support/index?page=content&country=ITB〈=EN&locale=en_US&id=FA156065

All docs indicate only the AP5461 Server Module as compatible with this device. Is this the case or is the compatibility with the more recent Server Modules, such as KVM-USB, KVM-USBVM, AP5631, or any other (3rd party or otherwise)? Or are the more recent Server Modules indeed backwards compatible to the APC AP5405?

This KVM/Module compatibility doc also indicates that the AP5461 is still available, though I cannot find it available anywhere from APC. I found nothing generally online, in APC Knowledge Base or the Forums.

Any assistance or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: IP KVM AP5405 compatible USB Server Modules - only AP5461 Server Module?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 2/6/2013

hello. the doc is correct. AP54XX series KVMs are a bit older and were discontinued in early 2008. thus, supplies are a bit depleted nowadays. if you can't find any in the channel, then the only option may be used. also, only AP54XX SKUs work with other AP54XX SKUs - no backwards compatibility. we also don't have much support for AP54XX due to the age.

Same rule generally applies for our KVMs - AP56XX KVMs only work with AP56XX modules and KVMXXXX KVM switches only support KVM-XXXX modules.

let me know if you have any other questions.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: IP KVM AP5405 compatible USB Server Modules - only AP5461 Server Module?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 2/6/2013

hello. the doc is correct. AP54XX series KVMs are a bit older and were discontinued in early 2008. thus, supplies are a bit depleted nowadays. if you can't find any in the channel, then the only option may be used. also, only AP54XX SKUs work with other AP54XX SKUs - no backwards compatibility. we also don't have much support for AP54XX due to the age.

Same rule generally applies for our KVMs - AP56XX KVMs only work with AP56XX modules and KVMXXXX KVM switches only support KVM-XXXX modules.

let me know if you have any other questions.