Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79189members
343723posts

General Suggestions

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

General Suggestions

This question was originally posted by Scott on APC forums on 6/10/2010

Consider being a bit more explicit with your model numbers. Example: When I ask our purchasing dept. or a vendor about replacement batteries for a Smart UPS 1500 they sometimes get confused and ask if I mean the rack mount, or they just purchase or quote the wrong one. The tower is SUA1500, and the rack mount is SUA1500RM2U. If the tower was something like SUA1500*T*, perhaps they would be less likely to assume that I mean the rack mount but neglected (or was too lazy;-) to provide the entire model number.

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

General Suggestions

This reply was originally posted by Scott on APC forums on 6/10/2010

Consider being a bit more explicit with your model numbers. Example: When I ask our purchasing dept. or a vendor about replacement batteries for a Smart UPS 1500 they sometimes get confused and ask if I mean the rack mount, or they just purchase or quote the wrong one. The tower is SUA1500, and the rack mount is SUA1500RM2U. If the tower was something like SUA1500*T*, perhaps they would be less likely to assume that I mean the rack mount but neglected (or was too lazy;-) to provide the entire model number.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: General Suggestions

Ok. Thanks. Doesn't have to be "T". Could be "TT" or "TOW" or "D" for Desktop, or "H" for Home, ...
I'm sure they can come up with something. 🙂

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

General Suggestions