Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80922members
347046posts

ES 750 doesn't last a millisecond

Solved
mcunix_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

ES 750 doesn't last a millisecond

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/14/2011

Hi all,

I have a Back-UPS ES 750 on a workstation that draws 250 watts at startup. Steady state, no CPU load is around 115 watts (as measured by a Kill A Watt. The unit is only about 2 years and passes self test just fine. I pull the plug to test it and it's as if there's no UPS there at all.

Ideas?

thanks,
-greg

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: ES 750 doesn't last a millisecond

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 6/15/2011

Greg,

Have you tried using a much more smaller load like a 60W light bulb? Is this the first time that this had happened?

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 6/16/2011

That's nice to hear that you got it all working now. Feel free to reach us again should you have any comments, questions, suggestions or issues.

mcunix_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/15/2011

I hooked up the ES 750 to a wimpier desktop (only 2 hard drives and an Athlon CPU. Startup is about 100 watts and steady state (no load) is about 60+ watts. Still same result - pull the plug and boom. Powerchute (personal) doesn't even register an event.

mcunix_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/16/2011

Actually I just connected a scanner which drew 20W and it died immediately when I unplugged UPS from the wall.

I also just pulled up the scanned QA test dated 7/17/09, so I guess I need to check warranty period now. My guess is 1 year.

Message was edited by: mcunix

mcunix_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/16/2011

I am an idiot. I've been in IT for 30 years, but wasn't using the correct plug. It's dark under my desk 😉

Works fine with the correct outlet used.....

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 6/15/2011

Greg,

Have you tried using a much more smaller load like a 60W light bulb? Is this the first time that this had happened?