Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80830members
346906posts

Does anyone have the BackUPS LS 500 firmware?

Solved
JasonLikesAPC_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Does anyone have the BackUPS LS 500 firmware?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/2/2016

I have a family of LS 500 units (Model BP500UC) that need a firmware update so their alarms can be silenced via PowerChute Personal Edition.

Darn how I wish APC.com kept older firmware available for download. Instead, does any intrepid and thoughtful individual have firmware on file to share?

Accepted Solutions
JasonLikesAPC_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Does anyone have the BackUPS LS 500 firmware?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/3/2016

Normally I would agree, but I've applied the firmware before to this precise model. Sadly, the copy I downloaded in 2012/2013 stayed with the old organization that I no longer have access to.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
UnexpectedBill_apc
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Unless there was some kind of a replacement program offered for these, there probably isn't any downloadable firmware available. The microcontroller used in this model is a one time programmable part if its datasheet is to be believed.

JasonLikesAPC_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Normally I would agree, but I've applied the firmware before to this precise model. Sadly, the copy I downloaded in 2012/2013 stayed with the old organization that I no longer have access to.