Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80824members
346893posts

Disable Hibernate in Vista

Solved
philspice1_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/17/2007

I am running Windows Vista on my PC and I have an XS1300LCD connected to it. Instead of shutting my computer down completely, it tries to put it into hibernation. For some reason, hibernation has never worked on this PC with Vista. The computer goes into hibernation and then immediately restarts. Then when the battery runs out, the PC crashes.

Is there any way to make the UPS shut down Vista completely and not use hibernate? I am using PowerChute Personal 2.1.

Accepted Solutions
philspice1_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/18/2007

I am running Windows Vista on my PC and I have an XS1300LCD connected to it. Instead of shutting my computer down completely, it tries to put it into hibernation. For some reason, hibernation has never worked on this PC with Vista. The computer goes into hibernation and then immediately restarts. Then when the battery runs out, the PC crashes.

Is there any way to make the UPS shut down Vista completely and not use hibernate? I am using PowerChute Personal 2.1.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
philspice1_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/18/2007