Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79291members
343970posts

Control Two CPU's from one Backups 1500

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Control Two CPU's from one Backups 1500

This question was originally posted by Wayne on APC forums on 1/21/2009

I was using two 650's replaced with one 1500 tow run two home pc's on my home network. Power chute only controls one PC. What do I need to make one UPS shutdown two CPU's?

Please point me in any direction Software or additonal equipment.

PC one was connected serial (650) now Disconnected , Pc two is direct connected to usb and working okay For a Shutdown on power loss. To clairy I wish to control PC one from the same software is it possible?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Control Two CPU's from one Backups 1500

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/22/2009

unforunately, there is no way to monitor/controll both UPSs with one software instance/installation. you will need two separate machines.

the only thing that is possible, with a Smart UPS or anything larger, is the graceful shutdown of more than one computer attached to the UPS. Back UPS does not have this ability. These are meant to be smaller UPSs designed for the home user who usually only has one computer.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Control Two CPU's from one Backups 1500

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/22/2009

unforunately, there is no way to monitor/controll both UPSs with one software instance/installation. you will need two separate machines.

the only thing that is possible, with a Smart UPS or anything larger, is the graceful shutdown of more than one computer attached to the UPS. Back UPS does not have this ability. These are meant to be smaller UPSs designed for the home user who usually only has one computer.