Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79156members
343618posts

Connect UPS with two data links

Solved
marcello_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Connect UPS with two data links

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/7/2020

I'm a new member and I greet all the users of the forum. I use in my network Ups BE700G-IT and I wonder if it is possible and how to connect data link port to 2 device (nas and pc)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Connect UPS with two data links

This reply was originally posted by Gavan on APC forums on 8/7/2020

Hi Marcello,

Unfortunately, this is also not supported, those units only have one USB port that can only be connected to one computer at a time.

To shutdown more than one device you would either need a Smart-UPS with Powerchute Business edition then use a script to shutdown multiple devices or a Smart-UPS with a network card and use Powerchute network edition.

-Gavan

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Hi Marcello,

I don't believe it has this option but we do have a range of standalone network surge protectors:

https://www.apc.com/shop/ie/en/products/APC-ProtectNet-standalone-surge-protector-for-10-100-1000-Ba...

-Gavan 

marcello_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/7/2020

thank you for your reply and I apologize that my post was incomplete. I would like that in the event of a power failure two device, and not only one, could be shut down (nas and pc). Now data link port is connected only to nas because Ups has only one port.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Hi Marcello,

Unfortunately, this is also not supported, those units only have one USB port that can only be connected to one computer at a time.

To shutdown more than one device you would either need a Smart-UPS with Powerchute Business edition then use a script to shutdown multiple devices or a Smart-UPS with a network card and use Powerchute network edition.

-Gavan