Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79382members
344117posts

Batteries?

Solved
Tallrob_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Batteries?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/4/2012

So I have these brand new batteries that I can't return, and a dead UPS out of warranty, and none of the current models uses this particular "cartridge". But as far as I can tell, there's no real difference between the batteries in each cartridge, just a different connector. Some batteries are 7.5ah and some 9ah, and the cartridges have one or two of these.

So really, other than this being a scheme to sell more batteries, is there any reason I can't use the batteries from one cartridge in another unit if I swap connectors? I really don't feel right about throwing out good batteries.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Batteries?

This reply was originally posted by Joe on APC forums on 12/4/2012

I've done it before with good results. In my example, I made an RBC11 into an RBC55 by swapping the connectors. Good luck!

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Joe on APC forums on 5/28/2013

Your logic is flawless if the batteries are the same.

Tallrob_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Batteries?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/4/2012

So I have these brand new batteries that I can't return, and a dead UPS out of warranty, and none of the current models uses this particular "cartridge". But as far as I can tell, there's no real difference between the batteries in each cartridge, just a different connector. Some batteries are 7.5ah and some 9ah, and the cartridges have one or two of these.

So really, other than this being a scheme to sell more batteries, is there any reason I can't use the batteries from one cartridge in another unit if I swap connectors? I really don't feel right about throwing out good batteries.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Joe on APC forums on 12/4/2012

I've done it before with good results. In my example, I made an RBC11 into an RBC55 by swapping the connectors. Good luck!