Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80978members
347154posts

Back-UPS ES 700 loud beep?

Solved
Petter_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Back-UPS ES 700 loud beep?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/17/2014

Hello there! I live in Finland and recently I found myself so annoyed about all the power outages here. So I Google'd around and I found out about APC. I was really happy to find exactly what I needed here at APC, so I got myself a Back-UPS ES 700. Yesterday, it arrived by mail. I plugged it in to the wall, not sure if that would make it charge. Anyway, I waited about 15 hours and pressed the power on button. The machine started emitting a loud beep so I turned it off. Then I waited an additional five hours and tried again, but it keeps making the beep. The power backup doesn't seem to work unless I have the machine, and consequently the beeping, turned on.

Is something wrong with my product or am I doing something wrong? What are my options, is there a fix?

EDIT:

I used PowerChute to successfully turn off the alarm, but it's still blinking red and I'm a tad afraid that it's going to start a fire or something.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS ES 700 loud beep?

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 12/17/2014

Hi,

The red LED flashing and a constant tone indicates the battery is disconnected. The users manual shows how to connect the battery and also offers troubleshooting help. http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/MMIS-8EYK6S/MMIS-8EYK6S_R0_EN.pdf?sdirect=true

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS ES 700 loud beep?

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 12/17/2014

Hi,

The red LED flashing and a constant tone indicates the battery is disconnected. The users manual shows how to connect the battery and also offers troubleshooting help. http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/MMIS-8EYK6S/MMIS-8EYK6S_R0_EN.pdf?sdirect=true