Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80847members
346936posts

Back-UPS ES 550 weird sound

Solved
suckss_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Back-UPS ES 550 weird sound

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/4/2020

Hi,

I have a Back-UPS ES 550 and I've had it for a long time (over 10 years probably). A few days ago it started making a very odd noise, which I wouldn't call beeping, more like buzzing as if something inside is broken. I've tried disconnecting the battery, but to no avail. Oddly enough the buttons are not functioning. When I push the On/Off button nothing happens, same goes for the break button. When I plug it into the socket the green LED is solid and it just keeps making this noise. Do you think it makes sense to change the battery? If not is there something, which could save it or should it be directly replaced? 

Cheers

Accepted Solutions
hayaji_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS ES 550 weird sound

Hi,

I have the same problem and changing the battery for a new one did not solve the problem.

Now there's a continuous beep and the Master plug light is on.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 3/4/2020

Hi,

I do not recommend replacing the battery based on the description of the symptoms and the age of the UPS. You should look at replacements. 

hayaji_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Hi,

I have the same problem and changing the battery for a new one did not solve the problem.

Now there's a continuous beep and the Master plug light is on.