Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79153members
343609posts

BR1500G battery runtime

Solved
kengetz_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

BR1500G battery runtime

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/17/2020

I'm sure this has come up often, but I have a BR1500G, running at 7% load. The unit estimates 15 minutes or so of runtime, which seems very low at 7% load. I bought a new battery, but get the same results. Is this what I should expect? If not, how can I fix the problem? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
kengetz_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: BR1500G battery runtime

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/19/2020

Found a PC, installed the software, ran it, and updated the battery installation date. Runtime jumped from 14 minutes to 84 minutes. We'll have to check and see if that's accurate, but it's a lot closer to the advertised runtime, so I guess we'll let it go for now. Thanks!

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 1/17/2020

Hi,

Did you update the battery install date? In most cases when you update the install date the UPS recognizes the new battery and reports the correct run-time. 

kengetz_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/17/2020

Appreciate it, but I don't see how to do that. I have a mac, and no way to run the software. Can this be done from the unit itself? Thanks!

kengetz_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/19/2020

Found a PC, installed the software, ran it, and updated the battery installation date. Runtime jumped from 14 minutes to 84 minutes. We'll have to check and see if that's accurate, but it's a lot closer to the advertised runtime, so I guess we'll let it go for now. Thanks!