Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79186members
343708posts

BE550G connecting battery

Solved
Kathml_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/17/2009

I just got a BE550G. the pictures in the Connect Battery instructions really don't show anything. There is a red wire which is already connected and there is a black wire not connected and I cannot figure out where it should attach. Help.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: BE550G connecting battery

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/17/2009

you want to leave the red one connected to the terminal its already connected to and connect the black lead to the open terminal on the battery itself. it might be a tight fit down there since its a tiny area to work in. they should also be color coded.

one battery lead is shipped disconnected due to DOT regulations.

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
PA_Woodchuck_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/29/2009

I don't have that model but looked at the online manual. As a suggestion or 2, see if there is some packing keeping the battery from coming out. Or maybe the wires got the battery jammed? I know from my APC's the batteries fit snug in the cases and sure would be great if the wires were a bit longer.

kathally_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/29/2009

Interesting thought. The black wire seemed to be free. The red (connected) one did look kind of bunched up as I recall, but there's no way I could have accessed it anyhow.

I took the machine back this morning. Kudos to Best Buy for swift and courteous handling. I could have kept most of the quarters I put in the meter. 🙂

Thanks for your reply.

Kathml_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/17/2009

I just got a BE550G. the pictures in the Connect Battery instructions really don't show anything. There is a red wire which is already connected and there is a black wire not connected and I cannot figure out where it should attach. Help.

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/17/2009

you want to leave the red one connected to the terminal its already connected to and connect the black lead to the open terminal on the battery itself. it might be a tight fit down there since its a tiny area to work in. they should also be color coded.

one battery lead is shipped disconnected due to DOT regulations.