Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80930members
347078posts

APC UPS 450

Solved
marcycn_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

APC UPS 450

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/8/2017

I have a TV and TIVO plugged into and APC UPS 450 in a room I rarely use.  Yesterday I noticed everything was off.  I turned on the unit and it gave power to the TV etc but just beeped and wouldn't shut up.  I checked the TIVO and noticed that it hadn't recorded anything for a week.  We haven't had any power outages and I'm home almost 24/7 and didn't hear any beeps last week.  I'm assuming it's no good anymore?  Where do I dispose of it?  It's 2 years old, yet I have one that is 5 years old and still working just fine.  

Accepted Solutions
UnexpectedBill_apc
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: APC UPS 450

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/10/2017

A constant beep usually indicates a failed battery. The batteries can be replaced in most APC UPS products. APC sells replacements and replacement batteries are also available from third parties.

Many major electronics retailers and some thrift stores will accept unwanted electronics for recycling purposes. APC also has the "Trade UPS" program, which is available in certain countries and would allow you to return your old UPS to them for a discount on a new unit.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
UnexpectedBill_apc
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: APC UPS 450

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/10/2017

A constant beep usually indicates a failed battery. The batteries can be replaced in most APC UPS products. APC sells replacements and replacement batteries are also available from third parties.

Many major electronics retailers and some thrift stores will accept unwanted electronics for recycling purposes. APC also has the "Trade UPS" program, which is available in certain countries and would allow you to return your old UPS to them for a discount on a new unit.