Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80870members
346965posts

APC SMX750i Failing Firmware Upgrade

Solved
Ghoster
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

APC SMX750i Failing Firmware Upgrade

Hello,

I have an issue where a SMX750i is failing upgrade at 7%, obviously it starts the process and switches the UPS off, then that's where it stays.

I have installed a new battery pack - still fails the same

I have tried with UPS switched off - still fails the same

I would like to think I am doing everything right as I have no problem with other APC UPS's when using the same FirmwareUpgradeWizard_v4.2.1

UPS Firmware details:

UPS 09.1

MCU 09.1

UBL50E.7

MBL 06.0

The tool automatically selects SMT20UPS_10-2.enc

Any assistance would be great as I would really like to be able to enable the Modbus communications that the later firmware supports.

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Ghoster
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: APC SMX750i Failing Firmware Upgrade

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the advice, I must admit I did try and download v4.3 but that was only available outside of UK, seems like they have released it here now, the firmware file is the same.

What I did read on here is that someone had issue and were advised to do a factory reset if they had the 5 button version, I done that and found that upgrade via USB still failed but via serial then worked, so yesterday I was successful lifting it to v10.2 and giving me the Modbus communication.

Thanks again, and hopefully this will help anyone else with similar issues.

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
APC_Matt
Ensign Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Hi Ghoster

Could you try the latest firmware upgrade wizard 4.3.0 and see if that helps.

https://www.apc.com/uk/en/faqs/FA279197/ 

If it doesn't I can decode the FUW.log file it produces and see if that highlights the issue.

Thanks

Matt

Tags (1)
Ghoster
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the advice, I must admit I did try and download v4.3 but that was only available outside of UK, seems like they have released it here now, the firmware file is the same.

What I did read on here is that someone had issue and were advised to do a factory reset if they had the 5 button version, I done that and found that upgrade via USB still failed but via serial then worked, so yesterday I was successful lifting it to v10.2 and giving me the Modbus communication.

Thanks again, and hopefully this will help anyone else with similar issues.

Tags (1)