Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79120members
343493posts

how NMC web view displays domain or ip address

Solved
voltar2u_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

how NMC web view displays domain or ip address

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/2/2015

Attachments

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: how NMC web view displays domain or ip address

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 9/3/2015

Hello,

Which do you want to display? I believe that the NMC does a DNS reverse lookup for this field every 24 hours or you may be able to force it by rebooting the management interface (which does not reboot the UPS itself). You can execute that option under Administration->General->Reset/Reboot->Reboot Management Interface and see if it updates. If it does not update, I'd do a DNS test on the particular management card and see if you can get the NMC to display the right name for the device's IP using the DNS servers programmed in (which I know you said was the same on both).

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 9/3/2015

Hello,

Which do you want to display? I believe that the NMC does a DNS reverse lookup for this field every 24 hours or you may be able to force it by rebooting the management interface (which does not reboot the UPS itself). You can execute that option under Administration->General->Reset/Reboot->Reboot Management Interface and see if it updates. If it does not update, I'd do a DNS test on the particular management card and see if you can get the NMC to display the right name for the device's IP using the DNS servers programmed in (which I know you said was the same on both).

voltar2u_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/4/2015

Thanks for your guidance. We want the domain displayed. We found that correcting a broken dns address and a reboot was all that was needed. We have domains displayed like we want. Thanks again!